ĐỀ 28-TIẾNG ANH 10-ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ II- có đáp án
ĐỀ 28-TIẾNG ANH 10-ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ II- có đáp án
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others:
1. A. technology B. computer C. newspaper D. miraculous
2. A. entertain B. communicate C. receive D. complain
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
3. A. town B. how C. bowl D. mouse
4. A. weight B. height C. neighbour D. afraid
Choose the part of the sentences that needs correcting:
5. He stopped to smoke because cigarettes are harmful to his health.
A. stopped to smoke B. are C. to D. health
6. When I arrived at the station, the train has already left, so I had to wait for the next train.
A. had to wait B. arrived C. has already left D. When
7. Graham told Jane that he would see her tomorrow.
A. see B. told C. tomorrow D. he
8. My younger brother has worked in a bank since a long time.
A. since B. has C. a D. younger
Choose the best answer from A, B, C or D:
9. Without the Braille Alphabet it would be very difficult for________.
A. the deaf B. the blind C. disabled D. the mute
10. Mary: "Would you like something to eat?" -Tom: "________I'm not hungry now."
A. Yes, It is. B. Yes, I would. C. No, problem. D. No, thanks.
11. Ann ________to work, but now she doesn't.
A. used to cycling B. is used to cycling C. use to cycle D. used to cycle
12. I will give your regards to her ________I meet her tomorrow.
A. while B. when C. even if D. if
13. He got bad marks ________his laziness.
A. because B. because of C. in spite of D. although
14. Hung: "Thank you very much for a lovely party." -Hoa: "________"
A. Thanks B. Have a good time C. Cheers D. You are welcome
15. Instead of ________a new car, she'll have her old one________.
A. buying/ repaired B. to buy/ repaired C. buying/ to repair D. buying/ be repaired
16. A computer is a ________typewriter which allows you to type and print any kind of document.
A. magically B. magical C. magician D. magic
17. Nga: "________do you go shopping?" -Minh: "Once a week."
A. How much B. How often C. How long D. When
18. Many interesting films ________on TV recently.
A. have been shown B. are shown C. showed D. have shown
19. If you ________your homework, I ________you watch TV.
A. don't do/ won't let B. won't do/ let C. did/ won't let D. won't do/ don't let
20. ________the moon last night?
A. Do you see B. Was you seeing C. Have you seen D. Did you see
21. The chemistry book ________was a little expensive.
A. that I bought it B. I bought that C. that I bought D. what I bought
22. ________provides information and entertainment orally.
A. Radio B. Newspapers C. Books D. Magazines
23. Lan: "Are you American?" -John: "________"
A. Sorry. B. Pardon? C. Excuse me? D. Yes?
24. A ________has climbed Mount Whitney in California for the twenty third time.
A. ninety year old - woman B. ninety- years- old woman
C. ninety- year- olds woman D. ninety- year- old woman
25. What programme is ________VTV3 ________7:00?
A. in/ in B. on/ at C. at/ in D. on/ on
26. Mary will tell her mother the truth when she ________back.
A. would come B. comes C. will come D. will have come
27. He passed the final examination with flying colors, ________made his parents pleased.
A. that B. who C. whom D. which
28. Marie Curie was the first woman ________a Ph.D. from the Sorbonne.
A. to receive B. was received C. receive D. received
Choose the best answer or the sentence whose meaning is the same as the given one:
29. A new hospital for children has been built in our city.
A. They will have built a new hospital for children in our city.
B. They have to build a new hospital for children in our city.
C. They have built a new hospital for children in our city.
D. They have been built a new hospital for children in our city.
30. I haven't been to the cinema for two months.
A. I didn't go to the cinema until was two months ago.
B. I didn't go to the cinema for two months ago.
C. The first time I went to the cinema was two months ago.
D. The last time I went to the cinema was two months ago.
31. Tom said that________.
A. Lan has bought a new car. B. Lan will buy a new car.
C. Lan buys a new car. D. Lan had bought a new car.
32. We will go fishing if________.
A. we had free time. B. it is fine. C. it was fine. D. we will be free.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer:
Personal computers, or PCs, are an important part of our everyday lives. Many people cannot imagine life without them. One of the most important people in making these machines work is Bill Gates.
Bill Gates was born in 1955 in
In 1973, Gates was accepted at
Allen became ill with cancer and left Microsoft in 1983. He recovered a
few years later and started his own company. Meanwhile, Microsoft became a giant
company. By 1990, at the age of thirty - four, Gates was the youngest
billionaire in the history of the
How old was Bill Gates when he became the richest man in the
A. 44 B. 51 C. 42 D. 34
34. According to the writer, ________.
A. Bill Gates invented personal computers.
B. Bill Gates is the most important people in computer science.
C. people cannot live without personal computers.
D. computers play an important part of our lives.
35. The words “dropped out of “in line 7 mean ________.
A. graduated from B. took part in C. stopped taking class at. D. got over
36. According to the passage, ________.
A. Paul Allen left Microsoft because he wanted to start his own company.
B. Bill Gates met his business partner at Harvard.
C. Bill Gate's parents wanted him to become a computer programmer.
D. Bill Gates and Paul Allen created Microsoft because they want to sell their program for personal computers.
Choose A, B, C or D that best completes the passage below:
Sue (37)______reading and often borrows books in the local library (38)______is near her house. She goes to the library to change her books every evening. The library is open until 8 pm.
The library is (39)______to everybody in the town. No one has to pay to borrow books. But if readers keep books for too long, they have to pay a fine. Sue's children have been encouraged to read books (40)______they were very young. They often change their books on Saturday morning. They all love reading.
37. A. loves B. will love C. is loving D. has loved
38. A. which B. what C. where D. when
39. A. freeing B. free C. freedom D. freely
40. A. during B. for C. since D. while